If you have sustained an injury, believe you’re entitled to compensation but are worried about the financial risk of getting legal representation, you may be wondering how no win no fee works. Below we explain our no win no fee policy and answer two of the most commonly asked questions regarding no win no fee:
- What percentage do no win no fee lawyers take?
- What’s the catch with no win no fee?
Carbone Lawyers has been delivering great outcomes for clients for over 30 years and over that time we have developed a reputation for our compassionate and relentless pursuit of justice.
- We are renowned for our expertise in Personal Injury Law and pride ourselves on providing personalised and cost-effective legal representation with a client-focused approach.
- We value communication both internally within our team and most importantly with our clients.
- We work collaboratively with our clients ensuring they feel informed along the way and always conduct legal matters with the utmost respect and integrity.
Here is how our no win no fee policy works and information on what percentage do no win no fee lawyers take.
Our No Win No Fee Policy
Our no win, no fee policy means that most personal injury claims have no upfront fees. We believe everyone should have an equal opportunity to fight for what they deserve regardless of their financial situation.
We understand that those who are suffering as a result of an injury are often in tough situations that can impact them financially – this doesn’t mean they don’t have the same rights as everyone else and they shouldn’t be disadvantaged simply because they may not be able to afford adequate legal representation.
So, what’s the catch with no win no fee? There isn’t a catch. With no win no fee policies your legal team do get paid, but only if your case is successful. The amount that your lawyer will be paid if you do win can vary however this will be detailed in your contract. Ensure you view and sign the contract before representation begins so you know exactly what the agreement is.
There are many factors that can determine how much you are charged – these could include:
- How difficult your case is
- The length of your case
- Whether you settle before going to court (cases that go to court generally cost more)
- Expenses relating to your case (e.g. court fees, expert fees, barrister fees, etc.)
What Percentage Do No Win No Fee Lawyers Take
In Australia, when it comes to what percentage do no win no fee lawyers take, personal injury lawyers are not legally allowed to take a pre-determined percentage of your compensation. Every state in Australia has legislation in place that puts a cap on legal costs that can be charged – it is best to speak with your lawyer to gain an understanding of what the fees will be for your case.
Talk to the Personal Injury Experts Today
Contact us on 1800 369 888 to find out more about our fees and our no win no fee policy concerning your case. Alternatively, you can fill out our online enquiry form and we will respond to your enquiry as soon as possible.