Can I Sue My Employer For A Work Injury?


"*" indicates required fields

Step 1 of 2

We're Here to Help.

When you’ve been injured, lodging claims and paperwork only makes things worse. At Carbone Lawyers, we manage the whole process so you can just focus on your recovery.

No Win, No Fee

Our no win, no fee policy means that most personal injury claims have no upfront fees.

If you’re injured at work, don’t hesitate to talk to a personal injury lawyer. Work injuries can result in serious and long-term health problems, so it’s important to get the legal help you need as soon as possible.

Injured on the Job: What To Do

If you are injured at work, the first thing you should do is contact your employer. They will likely have a workers’ compensation insurance policy that will cover your medical expenses and lost wages.

You should also file a WorkCover claim after suffering an injury. A comprehensive medical evaluation is necessary to file a WorkCover claim. You should therefore speak to your regular General Practitioner or attend your closest clinic to obtain the necessary documents to lodge with your claim. 

Also, a lawyer will be able to tell you if you can sue for your work injury. Lawyers can help guide you through the legal process from start to finish, so your only focus can be on your recovery rather than the complex legal landscape.

Injured Outside of Work: What To Do

Injured outside of work? You have a few options when it comes to seeking compensation.

If you were injured while performing regular job duties, on an authorised recess or while running a work errand, then you can file for WorkCover benefits. 

It’s important to note that some injuries may not be considered work-related, but if they are, the injured party has the right to seek damages from their employer. Even if your injuries are not considered work-related, you should still consult with an expert in personal injury law who can advise you on whether you have any other recourse – such as against someone else’s Public Liability insurance policy. 

If you’re unsure of what steps to take next, don’t worry! You should speak with a personal injury attorney who will help guide you through the process and represent your best interests in court.

How We Can Help If You Want To Sue Your Employer For Getting Hurt

If you’ve been injured in the workplace, there are different types of compensation that you may seek. By having an accepted WorkCover claim, you will be entitled to reimbursement of medical costs, loss of income and if your injury is sufficiently serious, a lump sum payout. 

It can be difficult to start your case when using a third party for workplace injury, with many factors to consider. It is important to discuss these factors to get the best outcome possible. Carbone Lawyers have over 30 years of experience and understand the court system and procedures; we can negotiate on behalf of clients for a better outcome.

If the workers’ compensation claim has been rejected, you can still contact our office for assistance with respect to disputing the insurer’s decision.

Our team of personal injury experts can:  

  • Advise you on whether you have a case and what compensation you may be entitled to (time limits apply to all personal injury claims so we will also provide advice around this if relevant)
  • Help to compile evidence and build a strong case on your behalf
  • Take the pressure off by helping to submit claims and preparing documentation by utilising our understating of the court system, procedures and experience in preparing documentation to achieve the best outcome
  • Negotiate on your behalf
  • Advise you on how to appeal a decision if a claim has been rejected

Talk To A Personal Injury Lawyer Today

Call 1800 369 888 or fill out our online enquiry form and we can connect you with an experienced personal injury lawyer who can advise you on your legal options. Don’t try to deal with your work injury on your own – get the help of a professional today.

How can we help?