How long a personal injury claim can take will vary in each case.
Because we need to prove that you are entitled to seek compensation, this can sometimes be a complex process and it is difficult to put a set time on how long personal injury cases take.
Find out how we can help you with a personal injury claim below.
Carbone Lawyers has been representing clients for over 30 years and has a team of knowledgeable and experienced personal injury experts.
Here are the factors that can impact how long a personal injury claim takes.
Factors That Impact How Long A Personal Injury Lawsuit Takes
How long a personal injury claim takes can be impacted by the following factors:
- The type of injury you have and how serious it is
- What compensation you are seeking
- How difficult or easy it is to establish evidence and/or proof for your claim
- Whether further assessment of the degree of impairment caused as a result of the injury is required and the assessment process taken (or whether the requirement for an assessment of the degree of impairment can be waived)
- Whether the other party accepts the assessment or refers a medical question about the assessment to a medical panel for determination (and if the panel can determine the medical question)
- If the court deems that matters regarding a significant injury are urgent because of the imminent death of the plaintiff
There may be other factors that can have an impact on how long a personal injury lawsuit takes too.
Our team is meticulous when it comes to leaving no stone unturned to ensure a smooth and timely process.
How Our Team Can Help
With decades of experience and following an informed process, this is how we can provide effective legal advice and ensure the best outcome in your personal injury claim.
Our team is highly skilled in the investigation, negotiation, and litigation, and is experienced in dealing with cases involving large organisations or local councils.
Our Personal Injury team can help you prepare your claim in a way that will maximise your compensation, help to submit your claim and pursue ongoing payments or lump sum damages.
Our team can assist you with no-fault compensation claims as well as common law lump sum compensation claims.
We can also advise you in appealing the decision, up to and including litigation in court if a claim has been rejected.
Is Your Existing Personal Injury Claim Taking Too Long?
If you are wondering ‘how long do personal injury cases take?’ and feel that your existing case is taking too long, it isn’t hard to switch to us.
Speak with our team today and we can arrange for your file to be transferred to us.
Get More Information From The Experts.
Talk to our team about your case and find out more about ‘how long should a personal injury claim take?’.